Thursday, June 7, 2012

Another Easy Tex-Mex Dish

Yesterday after leaving Fultondale Emergency Care - I began to feel better and remembered that I had purchased 2lbs of Ground Chuck from Target in Trussville.  I had an idea in my mind to make another Tex-Mex dish because I hadn't had beef in several weeks - & I was craving some.  Got home and realized that I was out of rice...IKR?!??!! What good mom is OUT of rice?!?!  I looked in my pantry and found 2 boxes of Zatarain's Black Bean and Rice (thankful for BOGOS :D) - and that made up for my lack of rice.  Here is the recipe that I used:


2 Lbs of Ground Chuck
2 Boxes of Zatarain's Black Bean and Rice 
2 Cups of Mexican Cheese
1/4 a of chopped onion
2 Cups of my dad's canned Salsa - which is a salsa that is better than any I have ever tasted!
1 8oz Sour Cream
1 lg Bag of Tortilla Chips.


Follow the directions on the Z Black Bean and Rice box.  While that is boiling pull out a Casserole Dish and spray it down with your fave Non-Stick.  Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. 
 Cook your onion in the skillet and add the ground beef and cook until done.  By this time your Z Black Bean and Rices should be finished. 
 Combine the Black Beans and rices with the Beef and Onion (there shouldn't be too much oil due to the Ground Chuck but enough to keep it from drying out in the oven so don't drain).  
 Add the Salsa and mix it in as well as 1 cup of the cheese.  If you would like you can add the Sour Cream to the mixture but I prefer a dollop of it in my bowl.  

After combining it all put it in the oven for 15 min. then after the 15 min is over pull it out and put the rest of the cheese on top and then cook until the cheese is melted to your desire.  



Enjoy with chips and sour cream!  I know Shaun and I are :D (it was a little spicy for Miss Nynah Beth - but she enjoyed her chips and cheese :)

No comments:

Post a Comment