Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Chicken Soup for Our Cold

As you know the Butler household has been UNDER the weather...for weeks now...with several things - Primarily Mommy was the sick one.  Lately it has moved on to Shaun and Nynah
Tonight I decided that I HAD to have soup...and since Shaun was so sick I didn't do the normal call the Japanese restaurant for take-out that I normally do.  No, I was going to make some on my own since I keep all of the ingredients on hand -learned this quickly because of our almost 2 year old who LOVES to put Viruses and colds in her mouth ;)
This is a slightly souped up soup that Shaun went nuts over (Nooo he doesn't ALWAYS go nuts over my food ;)....:P 
This is easy easy - because I was sick and used canned chicken...yes canned...I know - I know...I'm not a fan either BUT this turned out just fine.

What you will need for this very healthy & antioxidant heavy soup:

2 Cans of Organic White meat chicken in Water
1 Box of Organic Chicken Stock
2 Cloves of Garlic - more if you are a Garlic-a-holic like me
1.5 Cups of Quinoa
2 Leaf Bunches of Kale
1 Tomato
2 Tsp. of Sesame Oil
3 Green Onions Chopped
2 squirts of Sriracha (more if you like spice) 
Salt, Pepper & Salt free (MSG free) Cavender's to taste

You may want to prep your items before hand because the first part has to move fast....

Chop your Garlic and put it in a hot pan along with the Sesame Oil. Add the Chicken to loose the "canned flavor"  Put in the Kale and Tomato for a quick roasting.

The Second Part can go slower - the rush the hot sesame oil puts on the meal will be levied by adding the next few ingredients.

Add the box of Organic Chicken Stock.
Add the 1.5 Cu. of Quinoa
And Cook the Quinoa for 15-20 Min until it lightens and the Spiral Spout comes out.
Add the Sriracha
Add the Green Onions
Add the Spices

Enjoy :D




 








 

1 comment: