Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Muffin Tin Onion Cheese Biscuits


OHH, MY YUM!

I created a recipe for this through several other recipes on food.com & allrecipes.com.

The hubby said that these were so yummy they could cause world peace ;-D

Muffin Tin onion-cheese biscuits:



2 1/2 cups all-purpose self rising flour

3 tablespoons sugar

1 stick of butter (salted)

1/2 cup of dried onions 

1 dash of garlic powder

1 dash of onion powder 

1 cup of Colby Jack cheese

1/2 cup of mayo (I'm a Hellman's or Duke mayo girl)

1 and 1/4 cup cold 2% milk

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Grease one 12-cup muffin pan (2&1/2-inch size).

3. In large bowl combine flour, sugar, onions, garlic powder and onion powder.

4. Cut butter into thin slices and add to dry mixture.

5. Using your hands or a pastry cutter, combine the butter with the dry mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.

6. Stir in milk, with a spoon or fork, then add cheese and mayonnaise.

7. Stir only until flour mixture is moistened.

8. Batter will be thick and lumpy.

9. Spoon into muffin cups, dividing evenly between all 12 cups.

10. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.

11. When done, remove from muffin pan immediately to keep it from sticking.


The whole family (who can eat more than cereal and smashed peas) <3'd it Nynah, Shaun and myself - ate 9 of them on day 1. Y would have eaten one if we could allow it with a 4 month old.  Then 3 were left over and the next day we cut them open, cut a tomato salted it with Lawry's garlic salt and ground some black pepper and put in between the slices.  re-heated them ate the mess out of them (my mom thinks it is hilarious when I say I ate the mess out of something. 

Several days a week my mornings are great so I have learned to cook early and lots so that for the next day I will have homemade food available. NEXT.... my fave Crock Pot Recipes...  


FYI Although I have MS, I eat regular country food and sometimes I even cut the fat out ;-D I drink lots of water and when able to, I play vigorously with my kids.   




No comments:

Post a Comment