Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cucumber, Tomato, Onion Salad

This makes me feel healthy and internally clean.


I have no clue why I feel great after eating this BUT I do.  Possibly my body craves these vegetables?  My husband says that it has to do with the red wine vinegar - but I'm not so sure, because eating raw tomato and cucumber makes me feel good, as well - maybe not as good but noticeable. 

What do you think? 

This is a super easy side dish to make.

You will need the following:

2 Large cucumbers
3 Large Tomatoes
1 Medium Onion
1/8-1/4 cup of Red Wine Vinegar (you can use less but I LOVE the tang)
3 - 4 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Ground Black Pepper (As desired)
Lawry's Garlic Salt (YES I have had a love affair with this seasoning, since childhood) (As desired)

Directions:

Wash your veggies!  Peel the Cucumbers (I leave small strips on the cucumber because it makes the cucumbers pretty after they are sliced).

And Dice your tomatoes. Mom taught me years ago how to dice a tomato and I found this youtube video that might help you - Be careful of your fingers!! I want this guys knife!!!


Chop your onion finely. Unless you like big bites of onion - but big bites can be somewhat overpowering. 

Place all the veggies in  a pretty dish add vinegar, olive oil, black pepper and garlic salt into the dish and mix.

Place the dish into the refrigerator for 30 min to an hour prior to eating it.  O.K. I am craving more of this right now and I am about to make more - what a great side!!




  


  



No comments:

Post a Comment